Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jan 21: Hard at Work

Sweet Dreams Puppy

Sweet Dreams Puppy by bunni711 on polyvore.com

So, I've been working hard all day, trying to take care of the pile of homework due on Sunday.  Well, I only have one chapter left for labs and quizzes in networking.  I did get that problem with my lab solved: they have an online chat for technical problems.  They guy I talked to was named Mike Law, which sounds like my claw.  Yes, I did just make that joke...

I also have to make a graphic for multimedia, which I was just working on.  I think I'm done with it.  I played around a bunch and decided that it would be a lot more useful to use Expression with a drawing tablet.

Ugh, I guess I really haven't done anything other than work today.  I had some ham salad which was dyed an excessively pink color.  It makes me wish for unprocessed foods.  I did eat an apple, with a big mountain of peanut butter, though, which I completely underestimated when globbing it onto the plate.  We had KFC for dinner and it was pretty yummy.  Sometimes that place makes me sick, though, and the chicken can be really greasy.  Well, I feel alright so far and it's been a few hours since we ate.  Fingers crossed for not getting sick.

I started The Pelican Brief.  I'm not really far enough in to have much of an opinion on it.  The only thing I have to say is that I'm not sure I prefer the writing style.  I'm starting to think that having an easy-to-read writing style is a real gift.  I'm going to have to have some people test read parts of my book to see what they think about how easy it is to read.  I think that could really make or break a book.

I came up with some cool thought last night as I was lying in bed not able to sleep, but I can't remember it.  Chances are, I was half delirious and it would make no sense whatsoever in the waking hours.  I had a weird night and I swear I hardly slept.  However, I am functioning, so I guess it wasn't so bad.

I still have to take a peek at the Javascript book.  I'm not sure I'll have time to work through it before the weekend is over.  I'm making decent time on the labs, though, so hopefully I'll have time.  Unfortunately, the extra work load means that I won't have time to start on my resume for technical writing until after the weekend, and I believe it's due Thursday.  I hope that's enough time for some decent workshopping.

I'm afraid all I have to talk about is school!  Well, I will tell you that I haven't won any contests on Polyvore, but there are a couple that haven't been judged yet.  I'm off of contests for a few days, at least, so I can do some work and relax.  I'm hoping to have some time to get on and make something fun, but we'll see how things pan out.

Jamie's nephew is over, and is asking us adorable questions and believing silly stories about bugs in his nose that will bite him if he picks it.  Still doesn't make me want to have kids, though.  I'm glad to have him sent back home after a few days!  I don't think I have the stress tolerance for kids.

James has been playing games all day, as usual.  I woke up before him this morning, actually.  It was kind of a miracle.  I found a tattoo competition show to watch after I woke up, which he didn't like.  I guess I have a thing for competition shows.  Which reminds me that I still haven't gotten around to watching Face Off.  Maybe I'll go do that now.  Or read - not sure yet.  Goodnight!

Love,
Christen

No comments: