Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4: Class Confusion

Get Out of the Fold: blue and gray

Get Out of the Fold: blue and gray by bunni711 featuring a duffle bag

Ebullient (adj.) - Cheerful and full of energy [Google Dictionary]; having or showing liveliness and enthusiasm [mirriam-webster.com]

Today I stayed in bed a bit too long and have been tired most of the day.  It seems like I keep going through these cycles of sleeping just enough and sleeping too much.  I've just got to try harder!

Let's see, I had the rest of my delicious Chinese food for lunch today.  While I ate, I watched the two Raising Hope episodes I missed.  I'm so happy Jimmy and Sabrina are together now!  It's really cute.  Hopefully they stay together, too.  Later in the afternoon, I couldn't help falling asleep for a little bit, but felt groggy and grumpy when I got up.  I wonder if the problem is just a lack of structure.  I do like the freedom of online classes, but I'll tell you, it is no less work.

I read a bunch today, too, and finally finished book one of 1Q84.  It's really good so far.  There are a lot of parts that I hope come together in the end.  I think this author is thorough about his writing, though, so I really think he will bring things to a nice conclusion.  I like that he includes a lot of philosophy in his writing, too.  It's nice to read a book that makes you think.

Later on, I started writing out a rough outline for my proposal.  I also read a bunch of the discussion posts to get a feel for what is expected of us.  I'm not sure if my idea will go over well with my teacher because I don't have an actual business to pitch the idea to.  I posted about it, though, so hopefully I'll get an answer tomorrow.  Now that I've started writing it, the project doesn't seem as scary.  I'm still unsure of how I'm supposed to write the thing, but hopefully reading other students' drafts and her comments will help me get a better idea.  I wish the professor would give us more directions about what she wants.  I started my research tonight, too, so I'm feeling more confident about it.  Nonetheless, I'm not going to be ebullient about writing the silly thing.

Other than that, I ordered my access code for Computer Assembly.  I'm not sure how that homework is going to go.  From the information online about it, the homework seems confusing/complicated/no fun at all.  All I can do is hope that it's not too bad.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about my last semester.  I'm going to look up my GPS information (it's a program that shows you your degree progress) and see what I still need to complete.  I thought before that I only needed two classes, but now I'm not sure.  The other degree completion program said I needed more.  If it's only two, I really could finish in the summer, but there's a class I really wanted to take that's only offered in the fall.  I'm still not sure.  I really don't want to delay finishing any longer, but I'm also, honestly, scared about being done and having to get a job.  I'd like to finish sooner, though, if possible.  I'll have to figure out how much I really want to take that extra class, plus I think it would help me get a job.  The class is called Digital Image Manipulation, and I think it will really help me on the design side since I don't have any graphic design experience otherwise (well not much, anyway).  I think I do well with graphics, but that's not going to convince employers. Honestly, though, I'm sure my portfolio will speak louder than anything else...  I guess I just don't know what to do yet!

Well, I've submitted 3 entries for the Converse contest, but I might enter more if I can.  There's only one day left, but I might be able to get another one in.  Welp, I think that's about it!  Goodnight everyone.

Love,
Christen

No comments: