Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feb 6: At the Hospital

Gray and Yellow Outfit

Gray and Yellow Outfit by bunni711 featuring jimmy choo bags

Last night, James was having some chest pains and trouble breathing and he was pretty worried about it.  We went to the hospital this morning to see what was up.  I ended up sitting in the waiting room for a couple of hours (at most), but would've rather been in the room with him.  I was pretty worried.  I brought my book and got a lot of reading done, plus I watched some court shows on the lobby tv.  James said he wanted me in the room, but no one sent for me.  I would've gone with him at first, but he thought he'd be in triage first.  The doctors took a bunch of tests, including blood pressure, a clot test, and an EKG.  They all came up normal, and his blood cell counts were normal too.

The doctor didn't prescribe anything, but he's supposed to go see his regular doctor in a few days.  It was still bothering him earlier tonight, but seems to have migrated around a little.  The other day it was on the left; last night, in the middle; tonight, on the right.  The x-rays didn't show anything, so we really don't know what it is.  I think he's alright, though, but I'm still a little worried.  I don't think I could handle it if something happened to him.

After we left the hospital, we got some Subway and came home.  I sat with James while he played video games, and I fell asleep.  I've been napping too much lately.  Same old, same old.  We also watched Rango while we ate lunch, which was alright.  I was dozing a bit toward the end.  I thought Johnny Depp sounded a little like Jerry Seinfeld.

I looked up the directions for our next paper and I'm thinking she's going to be very picky about how thorough we are.  I wrote out a rough draft, but I'm going to edit it tomorrow morning (hopefully) before I submit it for workshopping.  I started reading the info about it in our textbooks, but I'll have to take another look tomorrow.  I'm doing my directions on the sock bun method of hair curling.  It's going to be difficult to be so exact about the directions and still keep them to one page.  I'm not sure if we are supposed to number them or not, but I'll take a look at the other students' workshopping submissions to see what her comments are like.  It's pretty helpful to see what she corrects on others' work before submitting my own.

I'm pretty drained from the last week, but the work just keeps coming.  The networking class is pretty intense, but the next round of labs aren't due until Sunday.  I'm going to concentrate on this paper until Thursday when it's due, and then I have to get going on that JavaScript homework I was having trouble with.  So much to do!

Jamie's birthday is Friday.  We're hoping his parents will take us out to eat.  He wants me to stay over here with him for the rest of the week because he's not feeling well.  I told him I will stay as long as he needs me.  I would rather be here with him if he's worried or not feeling well.  That means I may not be able to do his birthday surprise, but I can always wait until next week or his next birthday.  I'm hoping we can go out for Valentine's Day too, but we'll see.

He's dozing on the couch right now, so I think I'm going to go see if he wants to go to bed.  He asked me a few minutes ago what time it was and said it was too early, but he's already out.  I love that man so much.

Love,
Christen

No comments: