Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feb 2: Great Day

Teal, Gold, White, and Cream Outfit

Teal, Gold, White, and Cream Outfit by bunni711 featuring dara ettinger jewelry

I'm crazy about the shoes in this one.  Of course I would wear this whole outfit, too.  So pretty!  I'm very happy with it.

So today, Jamie came over and we had a really nice day.  We hung out a bunch and watched some tv, but it was just nice to have some quality time with him.  Teddy was hanging around being adorable, of course.  We also had my favorite food tonight: chicken noodle casserole!

Oh, about the surprises!  So I dyed my hair the other day - natural black.  It turned out really well.  It doesn't actually look black, at least not shocking black.  I think it looks really nice on me, though.  It's probably my favorite hair color, so I think I'll stick with it.  I also tried this cool method for curling your hair called sock bun curls.  Pretty much, you take a sock (kinda long) and cut off the toes.  Then you roll it up into a circle.  Then you put your hair up in a ponytail and either wet it with water or use hairspray.  Then you put the sock around your ponytail and tuck your ends in, then just roll it down your ponytail until you have a little bun.  Then, sleep on it and when you wake up, you have really pretty curls!  My hair is so difficult to curl, but this actually worked.  I'll post some pictures, probably tomorrow.  I'm happy with how it turned out and will definitely try it again.  I felt very pretty today and Jamie really liked it too.

We stopped by the library and picked up a few books and some movies.  I got Catch-22 and an Isaac Asimov book, and James got another book by him, too.  We got out Thor, Rango, and Rio on blu-ray (James doesn't want to see Rio, though, so I'm on my own on that one). We also got out Super Smash Brothers for the Wii.

When we got back to Jamie's house, we watched some of the Face Off episodes that I've missed.  They won't be up on hulu until 30 days after they air, so I was excited to catch them as repeats tonight.  I think James liked the show, too.  After that, we played Super Smash Brothers on the Wii.  I didn't like it at first, but it got more fun as I got better at it.  I think I'm better with Link than the other two characters I tried (Pikachu and Samus).  I like the dark Link, especially (I like to think of him as nega-Link).

So, all together a very nice day.  I'm pooped and unfortunately, did not get any homework done.  I guess I've got my work cut out for me for the next couple of days.  We have to finish early this week, too, because of the Super Bowl.  I think we're going to end up staying at Jamie's for the party, even though I'm not a big fan of being around all the people.  I guess there are going to be subs here, though, and neither of us really wants the chili they're having at my house.  It's kind of funny that we always seem to make these decisions based on food...

That's all for today, folks!

Love,
Christen

No comments: