Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jan 12: That Kinda Day

Paris Travel Notebook

Paris Travel Notebook by bunni711 featuring a cashmere beanie


Well, today hasn't been that great.  I woke up tired and foggy, read some, and mostly loafed around all morning.  I am liking Wicked better, though.  It seems most of the racy stuff was in the first part of the book.  I think it was just a shock, seeing as I have been reading mostly Jane Austen books recently.  Anyway, it's getting pretty interesting, so I don't think there will be a problem finishing it.

After my mom got home from work, my sister Shaina came over with some presents - groceries and a new vacuum cleaner for us since our last one went kaput a while ago.  Then we went and picked up a few things at the store and stopped by the bank - nothing special.

After we got home, I settled down to write that letter of introduction for my technical writing class.  It was frustrating.  A lot of people in the class did the "workshopping" on the discussion boards, but I didn't have time to.  We don't have the text books yet, either, so I didn't have a lot to go on.  I also worry a lot about the stuff I write.  The teacher seems like she is married to grammar rules, so I'm a little worried that she will find faults where I didn't think there were any.  I think I generally don't like to take writing classes.  Oh well, I'll manage.

I'm not really in the best mood.  It's been a stressful day for various reasons and I just want to keep this post short.  Nothing interesting is going on, really.  Teddy is better, but still hurting, I think.  I touched his back earlier and he yelped a little.  It's hard to see your baby in pain.  We are doing our best to take care of him, though, and making sure he gets his medicine and takes it easy.  He jumped down off of the couch a couple of times, which means he's feeling a bit better; it's so hard to watch him all the time when he's so sneaky.  I hope the stairs thing works out.

I'm going to try out that Face-Off show on SyFy.  I guess only episodes 4 and on are available online - oh well.  It looks really interesting.

I stayed up pretty late because I couldn't sleep.  But I did make a pretty Paris-themed travel journal on Polyvore.  It helps me feel less stressed.  I think I'm just not ready for the semester yet.

Love,
Christen

No comments: