Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jan 25: Workshopping and JavaScripting

New Favorite Things

New Favorite Things by bunni711 featuring a trench coat

Today has been an interesting day.  I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night and ended up watching the episodes of 30 Rock and Raising Hope that I missed.  I decided The Bachelor would take too long.  Well, I ended up staying up even later because I couldn't fall asleep.  I woke up earlier today than yesterday, but still later than I'd like.  I didn't feel fuzzy this morning, though.

My mom, dad, and I ate some delicious chocolate chip waffles for lunch after my mom and I went on a shopping spree in town.  Well, we did buy a bunch of food, anyway.  We went to the bank and got the change of address thing straightened out.  Then, we stopped by the bread store and the grocery store and bought some yummy food for the week.  We also got some goodies... : )  After that, we swung by the dollar store to pick up a few things - including some sparkly hair clips, which I have been sorely in need of lately.

After lunch, I spent a lot of time online workshopping.  I wrote a lot of suggestions on other students' posts and waited for someone to comment on mine.  Unfortunately, no one has commented on my letter of application yet and I'm a little worried that I won't get a lot of feedback on it.  I want to do a good job, but I don't know at this point what anyone else thinks about it and what they think I could fix.  I have gotten a few comments on my resume, and I think it's probably ready to submit.  Most of the comments tonight have been people posting their assignments last minute and not a lot of helping other people out.  Hopefully I will get at least a little feedback tomorrow (they are due tomorrow, though).

I also got to watch some episodes of shows I used to watch as a kid.  I saw a couple of episodes of Unfabulous with the girl from Nancy Drew and Lyme Life.  I also watched some of The Amanda Show with Amanda Bynes.  I love that show - that's good tween television right there, not all this new crap.  : P  After that, I was working some more when I started not to feel very well all of a sudden.  My face was really hot and I felt tired and fuzzy again.  I laid down for a while with a cool washcloth on my face and started to feel better after I got a little more rest.  I think last night was just rough on me.  I also ate some peanut butter for protein - I think maybe lunch could've been better for me than it was.  I shared my peanut butter with Teddy bear.

I worked some more online (again, pretty much exclusively helping out others), and then started working through some of my JavaScript work.  It's actually fun and I like that the coding does a lot of the same things as VB, but it's simpler.  I learned how to separate and scramble e-mail addresses to protect them from spammers and e-mail harvesters.  It's pretty cool stuff.

I talked to James just now and said good night (as always), and I miss him a bunch.  I know I don't spend a lot of time away from him, and it is nice to have alone time every once in a while, but we are so close that I really would rather be with him all the time.  I know it won't be long until we can get a place together, but the waiting is never easy.  I'm not down about it, though, but more excited to see him tomorrow.

I have been a busy bee today.  I find the work rewarding and it's kind of strange that it hasn't been stressing me out like crazy.  If I start early and work hard on things, I think I'll do just fine.

We had some sloppy joes and pirogi for dinner.  I miss pirogi!  They are probably one of my favorite things to eat.  I'm excited because we're having enchiladas tomorrow night.  Mmmm...  I love food so much <3

I may go watch The Bachelor, but I'm not sure.  I'm tired but I would still like to do something before bed.  We'll see.  Other than that, I hope you all have a great night!

Love,
Christen

No comments: