Friday, January 27, 2012

Jan 26 & 27: Chilling Out

Baggage

Baggage by bunni711 featuring embossed handbags

Jan 26: I headed back to Jamie's house today after spending most of the day at home.  James and I spent most of our time finishing up our technical writing homework.  I was super frustrated about everything since I have spent the last three days working really hard on these two assignments.  I still feel like she will find a bunch of things wrong with my work and still give me a less-than-ideal grade.  There's really nothing I can do about it.  I did my best work, went over it a million times, took all of her comments into consideration, and there is really nothing else I can do.  Hopefully it will turn out better than I am afraid of.

We had some delicious enchiladas and moose tracks ice cream, and pretty much just hung out with Teddy.  After I submitted my assignments, I really didn't want to do anything.  I've still got a bunch to do this week, though.  I need to get into the rhythm of the semester.

Jan 27: I woke up feeling better today.  I actually went to bed before 3-4 a.m.  I think it was mostly caused by the stress from my assignments.  We got some yummy sandwiches from the store and I got some cream soda.  I haven't had any in a while and it was pretty delicious.  We watched some Warehouse 13 and then decided to watch St. Elmo's Fire.  I've heard how a lot of people like that movie and it's one 80s movie I hadn't seen yet.  It wasn't really that great.  It was full of implausible things like being friends after your significant other cheats on you with dozens of women and being friends with the guy who's in love with the girl who you just broke up with over your cheating and who also just slept with her because she was fragile and confused - that sort of thing.

I haven't really done much today because I just need a break after all the stress of my technical writing stuff.  I have some networking and other homework to do before Sunday, so it might be another frustrating couple of days.  I'm hoping it will start to work out as I get used to the schedule of the semester.  We got Subway for dinner - which was yummy of course - and some Funyuns.  We also tried those new Snickers peanut butter squares.  They were pretty good but sooo bad for me!  I hope that once I get my own place, I can start buying more healthy food and make everything myself so that I'm not eating so much processed stuff.  And I know from experience that once you start eating better, the processed junk food starts becoming less and less appealing.  Now I just need to get into that habit again!

We also watched the new G.I. Joe movie (Jamie's idea).  It was pretty bad, but I suppose it wasn't terrible.  I don't know what else to say besides that it was really very bad.  It's funny how both guys and girls have their brand of terrible, shallow movie - that is, romances for girls and action movies for guys.  But hey, sometimes you like to watch a stupid, shallow, feel-good movie.  Or a stupid, shallow, action-y movie.  I have no problem with that at all.

Well, I wish I felt like writing anything more.  I really don't have anything interesting to tell you all.  The Pelican Brief is coming along slowly.  I find it kind of boring-ish.  However, when I do sit down and actually read it, it goes by fairly quickly.  I'm getting behind, though, and need to just get it over with so I can start another book.  I'll have to be more careful about my book choices if I want to read 50 books this year - that is, I'll have to make sure the books are sufficiently interesting before I start them!  It's not that terrible, really, but it's also not particularly that interesting.  Maybe it's just not my cup of tea.

Love,
Christen

No comments: