Friday, March 16, 2012

March 14, 15, & 16: A Return to Normality

Disney Princesses: Jasmine

Disney Princesses: Jasmine by bunni711 featuring gem jewelry

Instauration (in-staw-RAY-shuhn) n. - restoration after decay, lapse, or dilapidation [m-w.com]; the action of restoring or renewing something [Google Dictionary]

March 14: From the time I woke up today, I was on my class site waiting to see if the prof would reply to my questions.  I really wanted to get the paper in ASAP, but she didn't post before noon, as she usually does.  Basically she says that if you don't post by noon, she won't reply, and I don't see her posts going after noon, so I checked the paper one last time before turning it in.  I realized, however, that I had forgotten to write an introduction to one of my sections, so I wrote a new paragraph and made sure everything else was in order and my table of contents wasn't thrown off by the addition.

After I turned my paper in (and checked it a dozen times to make sure it worked and it was the right file), I helped my mom hang some pictures - well, my dad did the picture hanging, I advised on the placement.  I was so relieved to have the paper in, but I still felt a little edgy since I hadn't gotten a reply from the prof.  I checked again later and found that she did in fact leave a reply, after I had already turned it in.  She doesn't usually post at 2:30, but she did this time.  Her comments were minor, though, so hopefully it won't factor into my grade.  I wrote her back that one of the issues was something Word had been giving me trouble with (naming the Appendices A,B,C instead of the I,II,III that I ended up using).  I'm not sure when our grades will be in, but hopefully it turns out well.  I really did work very hard on the paper and I'm proud of how it turned out.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing; I have been under so much stress lately that I really needed the break.  It's different than just taking some time out while you're working because now the weight of the project and the deadline are off my shoulders.  There really isn't anything more I can do at this point except wait to hear my grade.  I watched the season finale of The Bachelor and the After the Final Rose special.  I think those two might actually work out.  It's hard to tell,  of course.  I was excited to see Ashley and J.P. on there, though.  They are so cute.  I made it a point not to look them up after their season because I knew the media and all the fans would be sniffing out any information possible and I just didn't want to add to it.  I feel so bad for Courtney because she got back 10x what she gave out.  I just don't understand people's hatred - it is cold and resolute.  It scares me.  People cannot forgive, sometimes.  It's not as if any of them were personally wronged, either.  How can you hate someone you don't know?  Ben and Courtney seem like they have staying power.  It seems like they consider themselves in the same boat - it's really them against the world at this point.  Whether or not it's real, who knows, but how can you explain the ones that stay together?  I think the lines between reality and television are too blurred to really make a distinction in these cases.  It's good to know that some people really do find happiness.  It's sad that so many people have to get hurt in the process.  They'll always have Bachelor Pad, though.  (*snickers)

After I watched those two shows (and it took me a good 2 1/2 hours), I decided to watch an episode of Genuine Ken, which was terrible.  I won't be watching that again.  My mom brought home food from work again: ham salad sandwiches, sweet potato biscuits, sugar cookies, and some really amazing cake.  It was yellow cake w/ green jello injected in it, covered in chocolate fudge and mint-flavored whipped cream.  It was sooo good.  I am starting to think these old people eat pretty darn well.  (She works at a nursing home, btw, don't know if I ever mentioned that.)

I forgot to watch Face Off tonight and it was the season finale.  : (

March 15: Today, I decided to dress up.  I put on makeup and even wore a dress!  I wanted to feel pretty today and I wanted to look nice for when Jamie came over.  I just enjoy doing this sometimes.  Most of the time when we're together, I'm lazing around in comfy clothes.  (It's almost an instauration from my normal look.)  I wore my blue ruffle-y dress from graduation with mint green metallic pointy heels, plus some blue shell earrings and the necklace Angel got me for my birthday from Lia Sophia (a story for another time, I suppose!)  I sat and did some dramatic eye makeup in peacock colors (which, although bright, was quite pretty).  I have a thing for dramatic eye makeup.  I love colorful eye makeup, too.

After Jamie came over, I found it wise to change before heading to the library.  (My dress was a little low and I didn't have a tank top to wear underneath.)  Instead, i put on a long purple shirt and short shorts and we walked over to the library.  I felt good in both outfits - it's something I've needed lately.  It's too easy to get down on myself, especially when I wear nothing but large t-shirts and Jamie's old soccer shorts.  (Yes, I really do wear that ALL the time.)  I had to take The Hunger Games back because someone had a hold on it.  I didn't get to read it, but at least my dad did - it wasn't a total waste.  I'll have to get it out again sometime.  And Catch-22.  1Q84 is taking a while (it is, after all, over 900 pages long).  I just finished book 2 this morning, so I've got about a third left to go.  Goodreads tells me I'm 3 books behind now.  : (

When we were walking back from the library and getting drinks at Circle K, I was hollered at by some guys in a truck.  This has not happened in a very long time.  It's a weird paradox because I like the attention and recognition of my attractiveness (not that I don't get it enough from James, of course), but it's also demeaning to women when men go about hollering at us for being attractive.  It's not something I'm going to attempt to explain.

After we got back, I was super tired.  I laid down for a nap and slept for about 1/2 hour while James was on his laptop.  Later on, we played a few games of Uno, which was fun.  I won 2/3 of them.  : )  We got to watch our shows tonight, too.  I don't always get to see them when they air because my dad is very adamant about watching his political shows at 8 & 9.

When we got back to Jamie's house, we watched Love and Other Drugs, which turned out to be really good.  The only part that wasn't right was the dramatic end where they declare their love and devotion to each other after a daring race by Jake Gylenhaal to catch up with Anne Hathaway's bus to Canada.  There was slow zooming and cliched dialogue.  It was pretty bad.  Other than that, it was a romantic movie with surprising depth.  It was different, edgy, witty.  I really liked it other than that one terrible part.

March 16: Today has been a good day.  It's been warm out for the past few days.  It's such a nice change from the cold.  It's been raining a bunch, though.  Last night there was a leak in the hall at Jamie's house and a lot of people's yards are flooded.  I told James we should look for houses after a big rain so we know if the yard and the basement flood.

James and I made chocolate chip pancakes for lunch.  They were really good.  We have a good system: I make the batter, measure it out, and pour it into the pan; James spreads the butter in the pan, cooks the pancakes, and flips them.  I'm terrible at flipping pancakes.  Really, really terrible.  But we make a good team.  : )

While we ate, we watched Cowboys & Aliens, which we got from the library yesterday (along with J. Edgar and Hugo, both of which we were pretty surprised to find at our dinky library).  The movie was alright.  It was kind of slow for an action film.  Later, James played video games while I surfed the net and I ended up getting sleepy and taking a nap.  His room is warmer and darker than the tv room, so I usually end up getting tired sitting in here too long.  I felt really weird when I woke up and I had some pretty weird dreams.  One involved a mash-up between America's Next Top Model and The Sims.  The models had to perform a dance on stage while stopping periodically to paint a picture.  Very strange.

After I woke up, we went out to the tv room and I worked on JavaScript.  I'm not sure yet if my code works.  I have a bit more to code and I think I may have messed some parts up.  That's due Sunday, along with another page for the yacht club website.  It has to have audio and a 3-d graphic.  I'm going to try to make a boat and find some nautical music.  Before that, I was on PCWorld's website, reading some articles.  I read about how Google might be headed for trouble since it's trying so hard to be like facebook.

I also read about Oprah's book picks for March.  (I'm in a book club on goodreads based on Oprah's Book Club.  They had a poll for which books to read this month.)  I'm surprised to find that I like a lot of her book club books.  I read about a bunch of them and added them on goodreads.

Later on, I read a bunch and crocheted some.  It's been a peaceful day.  It's just nice to relax and spend time with my honey.  Plus, the weather is so nice and next week is spring break.  I'm looking forward to just hanging out with James tomorrow and not being weighed down with all that anxiety from that big paper.  James and I have so much fun together.  I love that man.  : )

Love,
Christen

No comments: