Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feb 14 & 15: Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Outfit

Valentine's Outfit by bunni711 featuring a reversible coat

Feb 14: I wasn't able to spend Valentine's Day with James, but we are planning on celebrating over the weekend.  I'm pretty excited about it, too.  Today I spent a lot of time on Polyvore making outfits.  I also hung out with Teddy and watched some tv.  I took care of some of the Valentine's candy my mom bought today.  I did talk to James today, like I do every day we aren't together.  I still miss him, though.  Everyone is feeling romantic today.

I finished my book tonight before I went to sleep.  It turned out to be pretty good.  This is how I rated it:

Water for ElephantsWater for Elephants by Sara Gruen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my reviews





I wish it hadn't taken me so long to finish, but I've been really busy lately.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any work done today, but to be honest, I really need some time off!  I have an easier week this week, but I'm going to get started on some work tomorrow.

Feb 15: Today I got up and actually started organizing my room.  Yes, we moved a while ago (was it December?  I can't remember), but I'm not home all the time and I've had a lot of work.  Also I was being lazy about it, geez!  But I got a lot done today - organizing papers and such and getting stuff set up all pretty on my bookshelf.  I listened to a bunch of music today, too.  I took a nap after lunch because I'd been working all morning and listened to music after I got up.  I've had Adele's Rolling in the Deep song stuck in my head.  I listened to a little bit of the album, but wasn't taken with it (I only listened to like 2 other songs), but don't worry! I'll give it a shot.  I have, more than once, listened to an album the first time and hated it, then went back and listened again only to fall in love with it.

I watched a movie on tv earlier with Lindsey Lohan in it.  It's the one where she goes to live with her grandma.  It was alright.  Later, I started this book:

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett








It's good so far.  It's actually written from the point of view of the lady who does the housework and takes care of the kids - "The Help", if you will.  But yes,  it is good so far.

I've been working on some JavaScript, too.  We're learning how to make drop down menus. I'm pretty excited about it.  I also saw that in the cases for the chapter, it shows you how to make a hanjie puzzle - which is a Japanese picture puzzle like in the game Picma on Kongregate.  I would love to learn how to make that game!  Plus, I need to look up some more of those; they are so addictive!

We had taco pizza for dinner - it was sooo good!  Then we watched Rio on blu-ray on my laptop.  (Me, mom, and dad - with Teddy napping nearby).  It was really cute.  I think Jesse Eisenberg is pretty funny, but of course I loved him in The Social Network.  That was a great movie.  Well, I gotta go call James back (it's getting late - I always write late at night!)  I miss him.  He's coming back over tomorrow, though.  I can't wait to see him!

Love,
Christen

No comments: