Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1: New Workloads

Blue and Rainbow Outfit

Blue and Rainbow Outfit by bunni711 featuring belly rings

Pejorative (n.) - a word expressing contempt or disapproval [Google Dictionary]; a word or phrase that has negative connotations or that is intended to disparage or belittle [mirriam-webster.com]

I stayed up last night making a set on Polyvore based on Ariel (aka The Little Mermaid).  When I woke up this morning I wasn't feeling nearly as well as I did yesterday.  I spent the morning playing a puzzle game on Kongregate and making a list on goodreads of all the books I want to buy.  I would love to have a little extra money right now to buy some books.

James came over today and we went over to Dairy Queen because it's the day they re-opened.  It's so sad that they close during the winter.  I want tasty treats all year round!  We brought Teddy along since my parents were running some errands.  We got some small cones since Jamie's trying not to eat anything that will make him sick.  I got a chocolate cone dipped in chocolate - it was so yummy!  Plus, there wasn't really anything to eat at my house for lunch, so Jamie bought me some lunch.  He's so good to me.  : )

Mostly we watched tv and I read my book some more.  It was a pretty non-eventful day.  I was strangely not very hungry today, so I really only ate some baked red potatoes.  Plus, I wasn't feeling well after dinner.  I'm just tired.  Later we watched our Thursday shows, which were funny as always.

Now I'm back at Jamie's house and trying to just relax and not worry about school.  Things feel like they are piling up a bit right now.  I think I'm really worried about the proposal paper because I'm just not really sure where to start.  I'm going to sit myself down tomorrow and find some good research articles to use.  I already have a bunch of ideas.  I found some more after looking through some of my old psychology text books earlier today, too.  Another reason I'm worried, though, is that we just started two new classes today.  I learned that the Workgroup Productivity Software class is going to involve a lot of working in groups.  Sounds kind of obvious now, but I assumed the class would teach us about different software than we used in Personal Productivity Software.  We're still using Microsoft Office Suite, though.

On another note, I learned today that the Westboro Baptist Church is going to come to a nearby town to picket the funeral of a high school kid who died in a recent school shooting.  I talked to a girl I went to high school with (I went to school near, but not at, the school where the shooting happened), and she said she heard they are picketing in support of the shooter and they think "this was brought upon us because we raised demon spawn children."  I first heard about this group when I was still at Johnson, about 4 years ago.  They make me angry to no end.  I just don't hate people, but it is so hard not to hate these people.  Their aim is to get as much attention as possible by shouting horrible, pejorative terms at funerals.  The thing that bothers me the most is their complete lack of any trace of human compassion for people who are grieving for lost loved ones.  They are very famous for picketing soldier's funerals, saying that God is glad they're dead because the army is a haven for gays or something like that. I'm not sure how they come to that conclusion given the political climate.  I just don't really have words to express the abhorrence I feel toward these people.  It's so hard to keep believing there is good in everyone when there are people like that in the world.

Well, I seem to keep ending my posts on heavy notes.  I apologize for anyone who does read these things.  To be honest, this whole exercise is really for me because it really is a bit of therapy to write down my life.  Plus, I'm excited about possibly using this service at the end of the year that prints your blog out into a book.  I'd like to go back and flip through my year of blog posts and know what my life was like at this point in time.  Anyway, what I mean is that I'm glad if anyone does read the blog, but it's alright if no one reads it.  I'm just glad to have an outlet for my thoughts.

Love,
Christen

No comments: