Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clumsiness and Comics

So far, today has been a bad luck day.  Fortunately, I don't believe in luck, just clumsiness.  The first thing was not my fault:  a rogue shampoo bottle leaped off of the shower shelf and fell on my big toe.  Next, I cut myself with the razor, then I spilled a bottle of foundation (at least not the whole thing), and lastly, I just spilled my boyfriend's drink everywhere (including on myself).  


Nevertheless, I've decided that I'm going to look at the bright side of things!  First of all, I didn't break my toe.  I didn't even get a bruise.  My cut didn't bleed.  I didn't spill the whole bottle of foundation, and was able to mostly scrub it out.  Also, at least my boyfriend had a cup full of melted ice and not something stainy like grape juice or Hawaiian punch.  So there.  I'm not going to let my day of clumsiness get me down.  I'll just have to focus harder on not spilling anything else today.


In other news, I've discovered a new webcomic:  Savage Chickens.  I'm pretty much addicted to webcomics.  Actually, I don't think I've ever spoken of my love for webcomics on here, so I'll list my favorites which I check every day, plus some other ones I'm working through the archives on.  Check them out; they're all really funny! 


(These are listed in the order that I read them every day.  However, not all of them update every day.)


xkcd - updates Mon, Wed, Fri


Cyanide & Happiness - updates every day (Can be a little shocking, but very funny)


Bug - updates Mon-Fri


Amazing Super Powers - updates Mon, Wed, Fri (Might not be to everyone's taste)


Robot Beach - updates Mon, Wed, Fri


Sinfest - usually updates every day (This is one of my very favorite comics!)


Ones I'm still working through the archive on:


Space Base 8 - updates Mon, Wed, Fri


Road Apples Almanac - updates Mon, Wed, Fri (Very creative story on this one)


Slither and Friends - updates Mon, Wed, Fri


Other than that, you may have noticed that I've changed the layout of the blog a little.  I moved the blog posts over to the left for better flow.  Enjoy!


<3 Christen

No comments: