Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Heart Smosh










There are a lot of things I'd really like to write about today.  But I've decide to write about something I truly love.  Something near and dear to my heart.  And that is Smosh.  


If you have never heard of Smosh, you need to drop what you are doing right now and go directly to Smosh.com.  Don't even keep reading, just go now!


For those of you who do know who I'm talking about, reminisce with me about Boxman, Boxman for President, and Boxman's girlfriend.  (There's also Teleporting Fat Guy, Easy Step, That Damn Neighbor, and one of my recent favorites, Editor, among many others.  Oh yeah, and of course, the infamous Food Battles: '07, '08, '09).  What exquisite works of art!  Truly priceless masterpieces of comedy genius!  Plus, Ian and Anthony aren't that bad looking themselves : )  


Anyway, they posted a new Boxman video a couple of days ago, but I don't think it's on par with the older ones.  They've had few flops (though I wouldn't quite call this one a flop), and the majority of their work is excellent.  The Boxman videos are catchy, and some of my favorites.  It's not uncommon for me to sit down to a new video (posted quite often, actually) and have to fight the urge to laugh ridiculously loud several times throughout.  


A little background:  Smosh started out on youtube with, I believe, the pokemon theme song.  That video went viral and since then they've had a huge youtube following (almost 1.5 mil subscribers, 365 mil views, and currently #4 most subscribers - but they've been #1).  Now that they have their own website, they have games, blooper videos (which you need an account on their site in order to view, but they're worth it), and tons of random posts about just about anything.


Overall, Anthony and Ian are two of my favorite comedians.  They love to get silly and ridiculous, with hilarious results.  And everyone knows laughter is the best... therapy.  : )

No comments: